about me
Name: Opus
Location: London, UK
MBTI Type: ENFP
Sun Cancer/Moon Aries
Year of The Goat
my links
previous posts
favourite posts
archives
rings & directories
Listed on BlogShares
Top100bloggers.com
moon phase
 
 
currently clicking

help me evolve
Blogroll Me!
link to me!

words
sounds
credits
Design by May
Modified by Opus
Comments Haloscan

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by
Powered by Blogger
 
Untamed Symphony
| my mind in motion | deep | light | controversial | outrageous | witty | naughty | a chorus of free thought

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Politicians get plastered!

Less than two weeks before an election, Prime Minister Tony Blair, Conservative leader Michael Howard and Liberal Democrat leader Charles Kennedy have all been cast as knee-high plaster characters.

The trio are decked-out in their political party colours acting out their policies, said the digital television gardening channel, UKTV Style Gardens, who released the models.

"There is a gnome for every political persuasion. The exquisite Tony Blair model is digging around for non-existent weapons of mass destruction," a statement said.

"For those with an influx of snails and other garden beasties there is the scary Michael Howard gnome holding a "Keep Out" sign and for the more relaxed, there's a charming carrot-topped fellow sitting on a fence supping from a glass of ginger beer."

The channel has made only 10 sets of the political gnomes to be won in an online competition, but a spokesman said demand was strong and they were considering mass producing them.

Now I like to be a fair person so where are the gnomes for
Caroline Lucas and Keith Taylor, and Roger Knapman, and Robert Kilroy-Silk?

So in keeping with the theme of the gnomes acting out their policies, any ideas anyone?

Now I’m not expecting you to run off and make a gnome, take a photo and send it to me, no, just give me some action… if you see what I mean.

posted by Opus at 08:36

design by may / modified by opus