about me
Name: Opus
Location: London, UK
MBTI Type: ENFP
Sun Cancer/Moon Aries
Year of The Goat
my links
previous posts
favourite posts
archives
rings & directories
Listed on BlogShares
Top100bloggers.com
moon phase
 
 
currently clicking

help me evolve
Blogroll Me!
link to me!

words
sounds
credits
Design by May
Modified by Opus
Comments Haloscan

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by
Powered by Blogger
 
Untamed Symphony
| my mind in motion | deep | light | controversial | outrageous | witty | naughty | a chorus of free thought

Thursday, April 07, 2005

No Groping

Has it really come to this?

I’ve never been to Tokyo, but I’ve lived in some of the worlds other major cities and used the subway, tube, or metro daily during rush hours, and I never been molested. I have numerous girlfriends and they have never been molested.

Now I’m not saying it doesn’t happen as obviously it does, but is this the best solution? It seems to me that this doesn’t solve the underlying problem.

I totally agree with the points raised in the rant ‘n’ rave article. A better solution and one that would deal with the problem would be to install cameras, and have some system in place where by if a female is molested she can report it at the next station. The incident could be investigated and then the offender could be issued with a fine, and in severe cases taken to court.

Something similar to NYs guardian angels would also act as a deterrent.

The current solution just doesn’t address the problem.

posted by Opus at 13:57

design by may / modified by opus