about me
Name: Opus
Location: London, UK
MBTI Type: ENFP
Sun Cancer/Moon Aries
Year of The Goat
my links
previous posts
favourite posts
archives
rings & directories
Listed on BlogShares
Top100bloggers.com
moon phase
 
 
currently clicking

help me evolve
Blogroll Me!
link to me!

words
sounds
credits
Design by May
Modified by Opus
Comments Haloscan

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by
Powered by Blogger
 
Untamed Symphony
| my mind in motion | deep | light | controversial | outrageous | witty | naughty | a chorus of free thought

Thursday, March 10, 2005

I Heard Love Is Blind

click here to play music file



Today I thought I would share a certain little song that always brings a smile to my face. The lyrics on the debut album Frank from talented 21 year old Amy Winehouse, remind me of what life was like growing up as a teenager in London back in 1984 and onwards, the boyfriends, the clubbing, the drugs, oh yeah there were drugs. Time may pass but some things don’t change much in the London teenage scene.

Why does this song make me smile? It’s direct, cheeky, and strangely innocent.

By
Amy Winehouse

I couldn't resist him
His eyes were like yours
His hair was exactly the shade of brown
He's just not as tall, but I couldn't tell
It was dark and I was lying down

You are everything – he means nothing to me
I can't even remember his name
Why you so upset?
Baby, you weren't there and I was thinking of you when I came

What do you expect?
You left me here alone; I drank so much and needed to touch
Don't overreact – I pretended he was you
You wouldn't want me to be lonely

How can I put it so you understand?
I didn't let him hold my hand
But he looked like you; I guess he looked like you
No he wasn't you
But you can still trust me, this ain't infidelity
It's not cheating; you were on my mind

Yes he looked like you
But I heard love is blind…

On the CD
Frank

Btw, is it just me or has anyone else been having problems with Blogger today?

posted by Opus at 19:46

design by may / modified by opus