about me
Name: Opus
Location: London, UK
MBTI Type: ENFP
Sun Cancer/Moon Aries
Year of The Goat
my links
previous posts
favourite posts
archives
rings & directories
Listed on BlogShares
Top100bloggers.com
moon phase
 
 
currently clicking

help me evolve
Blogroll Me!
link to me!

words
sounds
credits
Design by May
Modified by Opus
Comments Haloscan

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by
Powered by Blogger
 
Untamed Symphony
| my mind in motion | deep | light | controversial | outrageous | witty | naughty | a chorus of free thought

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Orgasmatron

Well I have to say after watching Channel 4s Bodyshock my opinion regarding Orgasmatron is unchanged. In fact this is not quite accurate; my opinion is now much stronger against the use of such a quick fix device.

In the program 3 women took part in a week long trial, I will focus on J. J has never experienced an orgasm during sex with a partner; J didn’t even know about orgasms until she read an article in Cosmopolitan when she was 41. She is sometimes able to climax by masturbating in a kneeling position.

During the trial J went through the procedure of having the electrodes implanted in her spine, Dr Meloy then applied varying currents and asked for Js feedback. Although J did experience some tingling sensations, nothing hit the spot.

After the operation J and the other two women were given some quality time with their partners in a hotel to experiment with the Orgasmatron. Toward the end of the week J became more frustrated with herself and while her partner was supportive he felt helpless.

Now I’m no psychiatrist but I do have a good understanding of psychology and body language. I really felt for J, I could see the hurt, anger, frustration, and vulnerability in her eyes. I could also see the tension, lots of tension.

The female sexual response is very complex and as J has never experienced an orgasm during sex with a partner, she does not know what to expect, she is not familiar with her sexual response, and she needs to learn this, through guided therapy, not through a device.

I sensed that J for whatever reason never grew up sexually in an emotional/psychological sense; to me she came across as still very much a child on a sexual level, and very uncomfortable with responding sexually.

Although I appreciate taking part in the trial would have been Js decision, inwardly I was outraged. How could the Orgasmatron device even begin to help J heal her sexual self.

Would you go for the operation?


posted by Opus at 09:50

design by may / modified by opus