about me
Name: Opus
Location: London, UK
MBTI Type: ENFP
Sun Cancer/Moon Aries
Year of The Goat
my links
previous posts
favourite posts
archives
rings & directories
Listed on BlogShares
Top100bloggers.com
moon phase
 
 
currently clicking

help me evolve
Blogroll Me!
link to me!

words
sounds
credits
Design by May
Modified by Opus
Comments Haloscan

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by
Powered by Blogger
 
Untamed Symphony
| my mind in motion | deep | light | controversial | outrageous | witty | naughty | a chorus of free thought

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Short & sweetish

I’ve been doing a bit of tidying up; well in fact I’ve had some boxes full of books lying around unpacked for ages. So I’m finally getting them out and putting them where they should be, but you know what we girls are like, we start reading books as we're unpacking and it ends up taking a very long time.

Not that I mind as I read a few of my favourite short poems and have decided to share these with you today, hope they make you smile.

Arthur Buller 1874 – 1944

Relativity

There was a young lady named Bright,
Whose speed was far faster than light;
She set out one day
In a relative way
And returned on the previous night.

Edna St Vincent Millay 1892 – 1950

First Fig

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends –
It gives a lovely light!


Felix Dennis 1947

Sex with Your Ex

Less guilt,
Less wilt,

Less nag,
More shag.


Felix Dennis 1947

The Devil to Pay

The Almighty made the universe and
then He went away,
Casting down the Devil, saying:
“Here, sir, you shall stay!”
But the Devil growing bored and having
talent, in his way,
Mated demons with orang-outangs, and

- here we are today.

posted by Opus at 15:38

design by may / modified by opus