about me
Name: Opus
Location: London, UK
MBTI Type: ENFP
Sun Cancer/Moon Aries
Year of The Goat
my links
previous posts
favourite posts
archives
rings & directories
Listed on BlogShares
Top100bloggers.com
moon phase
 
 
currently clicking

help me evolve
Blogroll Me!
link to me!

words
sounds
credits
Design by May
Modified by Opus
Comments Haloscan

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by
Powered by Blogger
 
Untamed Symphony
| my mind in motion | deep | light | controversial | outrageous | witty | naughty | a chorus of free thought

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Have faith?

“Four of the most ambitious, striking and costly works of religious art commissioned by a British cathedral in the last 50 years will be revealed in St Paul’s this evening.”

The 22ft high paintings are to be placed centre stage on the walls at the head of the nave, near the dome.

The dean of St Paul’s Dr. John Moses hopes the paintings “will appeal to people that believe that we live in a pretty tormented world.”

Well yes, the world that we live in is pretty tormented, but I thought that religious people sought comfort in their faith and sacred places of worship, away from the tormented world; I wonder whether such people will be able to see what is comforting in this costly work of religious art.

posted by Opus at 18:50

design by may / modified by opus