about me
Name: Opus
Location: London, UK
MBTI Type: ENFP
Sun Cancer/Moon Aries
Year of The Goat
my links
previous posts
favourite posts
archives
rings & directories
Listed on BlogShares
Top100bloggers.com
moon phase
 
 
currently clicking

help me evolve
Blogroll Me!
link to me!

words
sounds
credits
Design by May
Modified by Opus
Comments Haloscan

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by
Powered by Blogger
 
Untamed Symphony
| my mind in motion | deep | light | controversial | outrageous | witty | naughty | a chorus of free thought

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

All together now…

For regular radio listeners Monday the 17th January will be a very odd day, a sort of Groundhog Day of the airwaves. The reason being, that some 250 UK commercial radio stations will be transmitting exactly the same show. Yes, no point in twiddling any knobs if you see what I mean, for 12 hours from 6am to 6pm the entire commercial radio network will join forces to broadcast a show UK Radio Aid from Capital Radio in London, Band Aid without the visuals.

The tsunami has rightly so had an overwhelming emotional effect on people from all cultures and backgrounds, personally some dear friends of mine have a relative missing and I cannot begin to imagine what they must be going through.

I also cannot imagine waking up one day to a land that has been ravaged by one of natures most powerful forces, to lose not only every security I have personally known, my home, my high street, my town, but also every love I have ever known, my family, my friends.

I know that once media coverage has tailed off so will much of our efforts to donate, whether to the tsunami or other such disasters. UK Radio Aid will be encouraging us to donate the last hour of this month’s salary to the appeal; I would like to suggest that we do this every month for our chosen appeal.

Figures

As of 10th January
Asian death toll - 156,193

As of 11th January
Foreign death toll – 402
Known missing – 2,998
Unaccounted for – 3,837

UK Radio Aid

Make a donation

posted by Opus at 18:35

design by may / modified by opus